SBI Specialist Officer Salary / Pay Scale – everybody thinks of getting the government job but a few just make it. A lot many aspirants are unable to crack government job examination due to lack of information about the exam notifications. If you want to make a career as banking professional in one of the reputed and most popular State Bank of India, then, get ready to grab this exciting opportunity by applying for SBI SO post. But before that, check out SBI SO salary, job profile, career opportunities and special allowances from our article.
SBI SO Salary / Pay Scale
Want to know the SBI SO Salary in detail in order to get the highly paid job in the banking sector? Explore our section and attain all the necessary information about SBI Specialist Officer PayScale. The salary structure for SBI PO differs for Officer I, II & III.
For Officer Scale I:
- The SBI SO in hand salary of Officer Scale 1 after appointment will be nearly Rs. 24000-32000/-.
For Officer Scale-II:
- The basic pay will be Rs. 31705 for officer Scale 2
- The basic salary for the Officer scale 3 is Rs. 42020-1310/-
Detailed information about post-wise pay scale as follows:
|Grade Scale||Pay Scale|
|JMGS-I (Junior Management Grade|
|MMGS-II (Middle Management Grade|
|Rs. 19,400-700/1-20, 100-800/|
|MMGS-III (Middle Management Grade|
|Rs. 25,700-800/5-29, 700-900/|
|SMGS-IV(Senior Management Grade|
|Rs. 30,600-900/4-34, 200-1000/|
|SMGS-V (Senior Management Grade|
SBI SO Job Profile (Specialist Officer, Specialist Cadre Officer)
The role of SBI Specialist Officer is mainly depended on the department where he is posted. In this section, we have shared some specific works to be carried out by SBI Specialist Cadre Officer.
Check out SBI SO Job Profile right here!!
- Responsible for maintaining IT infrastructure of the bank.
- Data mining and business unite reporting.
- Server maintenance.
- Technical infrastructure monitoring & maintenance of database, security etc.
- Troubleshooting of computer issues & software issues.
- Controlling the maintenance of ATM machines.
- Coordinating vendors for the maintenance, development of hardware, software & other services.
- Installation, formatting & troubleshooting of windows.
Also See: SBI Clerk Salary
SBI SO Allowances & Perks
Apart from attractive pay scale, the State Bank of India offers a series of allowances as well as perks for its Specialist Cadre officer employees. So, take a look at our section and read out SBI SO Allowances & Perks.
- SBI provides Rs. 8 Lac annual CTC for entry level position.
- Dearness Allowance.
- Petrol Allowance.
- News Paper & Furniture allowances.
- This is inclusive of leased accommodation at Rs 20,000/ month in metro cities.
- Medical Aid for self is 100% and for family it is given as 75%.
- Home Travel Concession.
- Leave Fare Concession
- Concession Interest Rates for Housing or Car or Personal Loans.
Also See: SBI SO Recruitment 2018
SBI Specialist Officer Career Growth / Promotion
The SBI Specialist Officer Career Growth is limited. The promoted posts will be such as Civil or Electrical and Law has been somewhat lower as compared to Generalist (Banking) Officers because the number of vacancies shrinks higher up the ladder.
It takes approx 4 years from the Assistant Manager to reach on the next levels and PO is eligible for the next promotions after 2 years. For the first two promotions, SBI Bank has set criteria of written exam and Interview and after you don’t need to face any exam to get promotion.
Every year huge number of candidates recruited for the various vacant positions of SBI SO and according to their work & ability they will be promoted to the higher level posts. We have given a list of SBI SO Promotion for scale 1 to scale 7 positions.
- Junior Management Scale I : Officer / Assistant Manager
- Junior Management Scale II : Manager
- Middle Management Scale III : Senior Manager
- Senior Management Scale IV : Chief Manager
- Senior Management Scale V : Asst. General Manager
- Top Management Scale VI : Deputy General Manager
- Top Management Scale VII: General Manager
Also See: SBI SO 2018 Apply Online